lvm-thin shared storage ?

tawfeeq

Apr 20, 2022
I have a newer storage HP msa 2060 FC and the only way to get vm shared under fiber channel is through LVM.
since my storage supports thin provisioning, Is it possible to use lvm-thin on top of FC to get a sharing storage.

thank you.

I have also HP 3PAR FC SAN system, and have many physical servers. PVE has been deployed since many years with no major issues except sharing feature. LVM has been configured on top of FC based storage to get sharing feature. But, we are facing huge storage scarcity problem because of non-supported thin provisioning. Here I'm requesting all whether there is any solution to get shared storage with thin provision for my case (FC based SAN)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!