LVM over iSCSI not regognizing dedublication

Feb 3, 2022
Hello,

so I'm using my QNAP as a iSCSI target, on the LUN itself is dedublication and compression on so I can save space and use the LUNs more effencient.
But the QNAP shows a usage of roughly about 300G and Proxmox sees almost 800G.
How do I make it possible so the Proxmox Cluster / Host can see the real used space instead of the one itself calculates?
Is there a way or should I move from LVM to something else?

Kind regards,

did u rescan the iscsi target on your PVE host after doing your dedup/compression?

btw side question, is your device properly setup for handling dedup/compression (i assume zfs)? heard lots of nightmare stories with dedup/compression

did u rescan the iscsi target on your PVE host after doing your dedup/compression?

btw side question, is your device properly setup for handling dedup/compression (i assume zfs)? heard lots of nightmare stories with dedup/compression
I mean its a service option to enable these features, I really "didnt" rescan the device how can I do that via CLI then?

Properly setup? its not zfs infact its a RAID10 (6 HDDs) with RAID0 Cache (2 M2 SSDs).
In the NAS its properly I guess ...

HEre u can see for yourself:

1688371910418.png
1688371931305.png

I mean yesterday I had roughly about 800G usage, but I had to move one disk (500G) to another LUN. So therefore its fine by me now but also here I have the same problem:

1688371977087.png

1688371990491.png
I guess the compression makes it more small but this also means that the Proxmox hosts doesnt see the real usage. What can I do then?

Kind regards,

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!