Kernel Panic; entire server becomes unresponsive after 4-5 hours

Tehlo

May 18, 2022
I've had Proxmox running fine for about 3 years now, have moved installs, moved across drives and never had an issue. All of a sudden, last sunday my server went completely unresponsive and after attaching a monitor it showed a kernel panic. Nothing has changed, even updating to the latest kernel (and after that didnt work, reverting to an older one) hasn't fixed it.

Running an Intel i7 9700, a 1060 6GB with 32GB RAM.

Current kernel is:
Code:
pve-manager/7.2-3/c743d6c1 (running kernel: 5.15.35-1-pve)

Help?

hi,

All of a sudden, last sunday my server went completely unresponsive and after attaching a monitor it showed a kernel panic.
do you have the output of the panic trace?

you can check your journalctl for any apparent error messages as well. i would recommend to run mkdir -p /var/log/journal in case this directory doesn't exist, that will enable persistent journaling on the machine (to keep journals from previous boots).

unfortunately with the info you've provided it's not easy to help you, but with the kernel panic or any error messages we would be able to look into it.

Nothing has changed, even updating to the latest kernel (and after that didnt work, reverting to an older one) hasn't fixed it.
so is the kernel panic reproducible?

does it happen regularly? (if yes, then how regularly)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!