aPollO

Renowned Member
Mar 6, 2014
Cottbus, Germany
Hi,

i sometimes get a annoying issue with remote viewer and spice console of linux guest.
When i minimize my remote viewer window, work a while in another window, and then bring the remote viewer back to foreground. The screen resolution of the guest resize (even if window size not changes) and something go wrong while resizing. The result from this resize process is a issue that i can describe as "torned screen" or "flatterd screen". I have attached a screenshot of the issue.

There is no workaround to fix this. I tried to force another resize of the vm resolotion by changing the remote viewers window size. I closed the remote viewer and establish a new connection by clicking the "console" button in Proxmox GUI. I also take a look to the noVNC console and the issue appears there, too.
The only thing to fix this is to shutdown the whole guest and power it on again. But if there are unsaved changes they will be lost.

I'm using latest version of proxmox ve. Virt-Viewer ist installed in Version 7.0-256 x64 on Windows 10. Guest operating system is Linux Mint 16 with Cinnamon desktop in software rendering mode. QXL Driver, Spice-VDAgent and qemu-agent are installed.

Does anybody have this issue, too. Is there any workaround how to fix this without restart the whole guest. Is there any chance to debug this a bit more.

Cheers,
aPollO

https://cloud.ibix.de/index.php/s/iQMH66BMkAPQKjc

Last edited:
do you maybe resize to a resolution that is too large? or are there any energy savings active ?

Reactions: aPollO
The client has two screens with resolution if 1920x1200 pixel. The remote console never will be bigger then that.

Energy settings in guest are set like in the screenshot. Only screensaver i activated and shows a clock after 10 minutes of inactivity. I can disable this for making sure that it is not the problem.

power_settings_mintguests.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!