in pickle with storage remount

jackjackson

Mar 20, 2023
Hello im in a big pickle i created another /mnt/data folder and my old storage where all my stuff was stored just vanished and my new sdc overtook it. the old files are possibly stored in the sdb disk any chance that i can remount it or just restore it with out any hussle and yeah i realized my own mistake to never ever create same named folders as mount points and sadly my backups were all on the sdb too so yeah..... thank god btw that i did not reset the server after i panicked what i f-ed up
thanks for the answers if i manage to solve it on my own i will close the thread.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    288.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 123.png
    123.png
    307.9 KB · Views: 4
update i think tanked it after i calmed down a little bit i created a new mount mkdir -p /mnt/data1 and edited the nano /etc/fstab to mach the folder and it worked and i can see all my vm-disks and backups i was lucky that in the fstab the storage name i originaly used was saved

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!