How useful/relevant is this STH article on proxmox backup ?

rsync

Aug 7, 2019
Hello,

A few years ago the main servethehome (STH) author wrote this HOWTO on setting up automated backups to rsync.net (with zfs send):

(can't post link - look up "Automating Proxmox VE ZFS Offsite Backup" and "servethehome")
UPDATE: https://www.servethehome.com/automating-proxmox-ve-zfs-offsite-backup-rsync-net/

Of course we appreciate this and find it interesting but I will admit to you that we do not use proxmox in our organization and it's difficult to judge how useful or interesting this article really is.

The reason I am asking:

We *would* in fact like to explicitly support proxmox and this specific use-case involving zfs send. I am ready to commit resources to testing and writing up documentation and getting our tech support engineers up to speed.

My question is:

Is this article, and the use-case it presents, a good starting point ? In 2019, if we followed this workflow (and fleshed it out and made it more detailed, etc.) would that be a solid start to supporting proxmox users at rsync.net ?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
the basic approach still seems valid (pve-zsync those not really care what's on the other end, as long as the ZFS version is compatible w.r.t. send/recv).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!