How to create a Virtual private network of 3 virtual machines Ubuntu (client , server and router ) in proxmox?

Anis

Apr 16, 2021
I'm a beginner in working with proxmox and want to know what are the steps i need to follow to create a virtual private network of 3 virtual machines Ubuntu (client , server and router ) in proxmox , all by ensuring that :
- The router can access the Internet directly
- The client can access the Internet indirectly via the router
- The server can access the Internet indirectly via the router
- The client can access the server
- Server can connect to client

Thank you for the answer in advance

Router: vmbr0 as WAN, another vmbr as LAN
Client and Server: only the new vmbr

All fields of the new vmbr can be left empty, so you can define the used subnet from within the router VM.

Last edited:
Router: vmbr0 as WAN, another vmbr as LAN
Client and Server: only the new vmbr

All fields of the new vmbr can be left empty, so you can define the used subnet from within the router VM.
Can you please tell me the different steps followed to make this implementation as well as the detailed network configuration of each adapter and bridge used ? I really need this .I'm still new with proxmox and i couldn't find enough ressources about it

Vmbr0 should already exist, and a new bridge can be defined in the GUI under Node->System->Network when you click on Create->Linux Bridge

And please read the documentation, usually people don't give you detailed steps, because you should understand what you're doing and not just follow a recipe

Reactions: Anis
Vmbr0 should already exist, and a new bridge can be defined in the GUI under Node->System->Network when you click on Create->Linux Bridge

And please read the documentation, usually people don't give you detailed steps, because you should understand what you're doing and not just follow a recipe
Thank you , can you tell me where i can find the documentation pls !! and sir if you have any good videos or ressources you think it can help me with this work i'll be happy if you share it with me

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!