Getting Questions Marks on Nodes and VMS. A Couple Times I have gotten Exclamation marks on my Proxmox node with the PBS Server I am running on.

Jarvar

Aug 27, 2019
I have had some weird behaviour.
A couple times I have gottent Exclamation Marks on the Node and VMs the Proxmox Node which my PBS was running from. I think this had to do with exceeding the Hard drive space allocated, hence resulting in an I/O Error.
I freed up some space on that particular node and restarted it. Appears to have solved that particular problem for the time being. I am going to try and add an external USB Drive for extra storage to see if that helps solve things.

Yesterday and today however, the remote Nodes I have which are using the PBS Server for backup have been turning Grey with Question mark symbols on the Nodes and each VM which is running on it. It seems to resolve if I reboot the node, however I have a Windows 2019 Standard VM running on one and Windows 2016 Essential VM running on the other.

The Greyed out VM is still accessible however. I'm concerned because these are servers.
What could be the potential problem? How would I go about finding out and resolving the issue?

I read somewhere it could be an issue when the PBS Server becomes unreachable?
Or could it be a hard drive temperature issue?
I looked at the Syslog and it shows my /dev/sda changed from 65 to 54. It's showing 46 presently.
The same showed on my other node yesterday, the temperature of the disks was higher than normal.

Assistance would be appreciated thank you.

Do you still have this problem? If yes, could you please post the following, to make the situation a little clearer?

Code:
pvecm status
cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
qm list

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!