Epyc Zen 2 with Proxmox 5.4-13

andy77

Jul 6, 2016
Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any compatibility issues with Proxmox 5.4-13 (kernel 4.15.18-20-pve) and the new Zen 2 architecture with the EPYC lineup.
Specifically the new EPYC 7402P.

Is somebody already using such a setup, and if so, are there any other issues?

Regards,
Andy

Usually the Epyc 7002 should be the same as the new Ryzen 3000 CPUs because both ZEN2. So how about expiriences with this CPUs and Proxmox 5.4?

I relly would love to get my hands on a EPYC 7402, maybe as Dual Processor System, but am afraid of compatibility issues.

I can tell you both PVE 5.4 and 6.0-7 are running great with CPU(s) 64 x AMD EPYC 7551P 32-Core Processor (1 Socket). Couple of my servers have 512GB of ram and smaller RAM in other servers with total 4 in a cluster.

@NoahD that is a 7001 series processor, @andy77 is asking about 7002 series ...

I too am curious, we just had a new HW order approved with 7402P processors and are still on 5.4 since we're tracking the corosync crash bug before we upgrade to v6.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!