Emmergency Error / Harddrive

marvintv

Dec 1, 2019
Hello Guys

i have a dedicated server with 2x 1TB SSD and 2x1TB HDD

They are correctly mounted and added in proxmox.

But now i have the problem if i create 1 vm on the HDDs it works fine, but after install the second or more vm i get the problem that (for example debian) i can install the os and the storage i added to this vm is shown up but after the reboot the hdd is gone and the vm dosnt recognize it.

I already tryed diffrenct Controller Types like VmWare, where at least the hdd / storage is shown up but if i try to boot it redirects me into grub boot loader

Screen Attached Including Config

Attachments

• pve0101.PNG
    pve0101.PNG
    74.4 KB · Views: 10
  • pve0202.PNG
    pve0202.PNG
    33.5 KB · Views: 9
  • pve0303.PNG
    pve0303.PNG
    75.1 KB · Views: 9
  • pve0404.PNG
    pve0404.PNG
    33.3 KB · Views: 10
Hello Guys

i have a dedicated server with 2x 1TB SSD and 2x1TB HDD

They are correctly mounted and added in proxmox.
how?
But now i have the problem if i create 1 vm on the HDDs it works fine, but after install the second or more vm i get the problem that (for example debian) i can install the os and the storage i added to this vm is shown up but after the reboot the hdd is gone and the vm dosnt recognize it.
use firstly no virtio. than install virtio-driver inside vm. change than
I already tryed diffrenct Controller Types like VmWare, where at least the hdd / storage is shown up but if i try to boot it redirects me into grub boot loader

Screen Attached Including Config

how?

use firstly no virtio. than install virtio-driver inside vm. change than
Hello

Virtio Driver is installed on the VM, didnt work too. I included it inside the iso because i cant boot the vm.

Second i attached a picture of the Drives configuration.

Thanks

Attachments

• drives02.PNG
    drives02.PNG
    42.9 KB · Views: 6
  • drives01.PNG
    drives01.PNG
    76.9 KB · Views: 6
  • drives03.PNG
    drives03.PNG
    54.9 KB · Views: 6
You HDD is missing a GPT and you didn't created a partition for your LVM. Are you sure thats right?

Last edited:
is this right?
the modell info say yes. ok.

Last edited:
You HDD is missing a GPT and you didn't created a partition for your LVM. Are you sure thats right?
oh ye see that, i dont know why its again without. Had the same issue a while ago. Its kicking itself out. idk why

From the raid? Its setup correctly in raid 1, there isnt a lot to show. And if the Raid have a problem why works the first vm ?

u will say that the imagefiles were created for the 1. vm and stay and they were gone for the next vms?
then show the files!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!