Delete Datastore

Frenshow

Dec 4, 2020
Hello guys !

I would like to know if it possible to delete a datastore in Proxmox Backup Server ?

Thank you !

Note that the underlying data will still exist at the mount point and needs to be manually deleted.

Currently, you can't from the GUI. But you can open a shell directly from the GUI.
1616399573614.png

Hello, this is a fresh install of version 1-1-1 I set up a data store on the first volume lvm as a test with path lvremove /backup/disk1/store1
And ran a test backup. I would now like to delete the data store as this was a test and I didn't want it on the OS volume so I ran

proxmox-backup-manager datastore remove store1

This removes the data store. However the comment above says that we should also remove the mnt point .
However findmnt, lsblk and lvremove do not list a mount point at the path /backup/disk1/store1

How do I remove the original mount point created for datastore store1?
Thanks
Paul

Hello, this is a fresh install of version 1-1-1 I
Note that PBS 2 is now released, so may have been the better option for a fresh install. In any case, PBS1 is still supported and upgrading is straightforward [1], so no worries.

However findmnt, lsblk and lvremove do not list a mount point at the path /backup/disk1/store1
From your description, it seems that you may not have mounted a file system, but rather just created a directory on your root partition? If you check the contents of '/backup/disk1/store1', you will see if the datastore's content is there (note that some contained directories are hidden). If it's already empty, I guess the mounted drive was unmounted at some point. In any case, as long as it's not shown in PBS, you can simply remove the directory using the command line ('rm -r /backup/disk1/store1').

Last edited:
Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!