Configuration HBA SAS FlashSystem 5015

usinagoianesia

Apr 12, 2023
hello gentlemen,
I have an SR650 V2 server connected via 2x SAS/HBA cables to each node of an IBM FlashSystem 5015.
I do all the storage configuration, making the volumes available to the host (SR650), but it is showing duplicate volumes:
1685472774810.png

What configuration should I perform to recognize in redundancy and not duplicate?

Obs.: When I use only 1x cable, without redundancy, the volumes are shown correctly.
Sorry my english, i using google translator :D

I followed the recommended configuration, but when running the multipath -F command, I get the error below:

1685527899470.png

My multipath.conf
Code:
defaults {
        getuid_callout "/lib/udev/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
        user_friendly_names on
}
devices {
        device {
                vendor DELL
                product 2145
                path_grouping_policy group_by_prio
                getuid_callout "/lib/udev/scsi_id -g -u --device=/de>
                features "1 queue_if_no_path"
                path_checker rdac
                prio_callout "/sbin/mpath_prio_rdac /dev/%n"
                hardware_handler "1 rdac"
                failback immediate
        }
}
blacklist {
       device {
               vendor DELL.*
               product Universal.*
       }
       device {
               vendor DELL.*
               product Virtual.*
       }
}

Just realized - you posted a copy-past config of the other guy but he has DELL disk shelves while you have Lenovo so you probably at the very least need to replace DELL with Lenovo or however things are shown on your system.

/Edit - or maybe IBM if Lenovo still identifies as IBM.

Last edited:
In fact, storage is not Lenovo, nor is it DELL.
The storage is an IBM, and a quick search decided to leave the multipath.conf blank and run the command multipath -ll. Which brought the following result:

1685533840669.png

I noticed that it is locating the storage as usual, however it is duplicating the redundant share.
Any ideas/experience for a solution?

I haven't worked with multipath for several years, as far as I recall we defined the wwids of the devices so they always got the same device node in multipath.conf and you need to have a multipath.conf to tell your system how to recognize and deal with disks that are multipath.

If you can't get to the correct config and the second path is not important (for redundancy/bandwidth) you could always disconnect one of the SAS cables.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!