Cluster regularly losing qourum

znt

Jun 4, 2022
I have an 12 node homelab that is regularly losing quorum. I think it might be due to a combination of high bandwidth activities (e.g. backups to a separate PBS server) and corosync being latency sensitive.

The 12 nodes are almost all 1L PCs (e.g. Dell and Lenovo tiny/micro form factors). I think some of these can likely support internal NICs with PCIe riser cards, but that would be a slightly pricey addition to each node and I worry about the thermals. I've used USB NICs in the past for a few of the nodes and wonder if that would be a decent path for corosync. Has anyone ever used USB NICs specifically for the corosync traffic?

I know I have a janky setup. It's just a homelab I use for testing random stuff.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!