Cluster: Best storage type for VM Templates

Amin

Apr 4, 2019
Hello all,

I need to know what's the best solution for creating an storage for Nodes of a Cluster to access a shared storage for cloning Templates to get less network transfers.

My Scenario is that I have a cluster with 4 nodes. every nodes need a place for storage VM Templates to upon creation, can access to all nodes and full clone the VM to every nodes of the cluster.

Hello all,

I need to know what's the best solution for creating an storage for Nodes of a Cluster to access a shared storage for cloning Templates to get less network transfers.

My Scenario is that I have a cluster with 4 nodes. every nodes need a place for storage VM Templates to upon creation, can access to all nodes and full clone the VM to every nodes of the cluster.
Depends on your hardware resources. The easiest would be to define in one of the nodes an NFS share, mount it in the other nodes and define a unitary mount point in the 3 other nodes which is identical the the directory name where the NFS share is located; afterwards define this directory as storage type "Directory". But use this storage for templates only (and not virtual disks etc.)!

When I clone a template from NFC, HDD disk will remain on NFC, but I need to clone it to local directory of the node.
The solution is to move manually the disk to directory and it taking time and need a person to do it, so I think it's not the best solution!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!