CentOS LXC template with sshd

Henrique

Feb 8, 2016
Hey guys,

The Proxmox CentOS container is really minimal, and doesn't include sshd installed out of the box. Is it possible to include a more complete version on the templates repositories?

I have downloaded one template from the internet, but I can't login into it using VNC as it doesn't allow that particular TTY.

Also, another related question: how can I create my own LXC template?

Thanks!

Hi Henrique!

Hmm...
I installed LXC containers: debian-8.0-standard and ubuntu-14.04-standard. Both with sshd installed.
:)
But by default in /etc/ssh/sshd_config in authentication section is set parameter "PermitRootLogin without-password".
Maybe problem with this? May be in CentOS it's the same?
Then set this parameter as "PermitRootLogin yes" (login from GUI console).

--
Best regards,
Gosha

The Proxmox CentOS container is really minimal, and doesn't include sshd installed out of the box. Is it possible to include a more complete version on the templates repositories?

We currently do not create that template ourselves. It is the one from

https://images.linuxcontainers.org/images/centos/

Also, another related question: how can I create my own LXC template?

You can use 'dab' for debian and ubuntu based images:

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Debian_Appliance_Builder

Thank you both for your replies!

But by default in /etc/ssh/sshd_config in authentication section is set parameter "PermitRootLogin without-password".
Maybe problem with this? May be in CentOS it's the same?
Then set this parameter as "PermitRootLogin yes" (login from GUI console).

Nop, the sshd service isn't even installed. My first has to be `yum install openssl-server` :(

You can use 'dab' for debian and ubuntu based images:

Is there any similar command for centos images?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!