[SOLVED] Cant load ZFS Storage

ymicky

Nov 3, 2020
Hello,

today I restarted my server and get an error message on my zfs hdd.
I dont know whats the reason, but today i changed 2 settings.
I changed the IP, therefore I restarted the server and I executed the following commands:
Code:
apt-get install zfs-fuse
/etc/init.d/zfs-fuse start
zfs-fuse import

With these commands I wanted to use my ZFS drive as backup drive, but nothing happened with the last and I stopped this try..

At this moment I have 2 problems.
1. Problem
2 LXC Containers dont start.
1604423802782.png

Maybe the reason is problem 2.
2. Problem
The ZFS HDD cant load
1604423930495.png
1604423949805.png
Code:
could not activate storage 'WDHD', zfs error: open3: exec of zpool list -o name -H WDHD failed: No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Tools.pm line 441. (500

hi,

I changed the IP
if you changed the IP you should make sure it's also changed in all important locations:
* /etc/hosts
* /etc/pve/corosync.conf / /etc/corosync/corosync.conf

you can also check this [0],this is for changing hostnames but the files mentioned there can be of importance when changing the IP.

and I executed the following commands:
With these commands I wanted to use my ZFS drive as backup drive
where did you find these commands? the last one didn't do anything because it's probably the wrong command. maybe you're looking for zpool import instead?

note that this operation can also be done on the GUI in Node -> Disks or Datacenter -> Storage as well.

[0]: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Renaming_a_PVE_node

hi,

if you changed the IP you should make sure it's also changed in all important locations:
* /etc/hosts
* /etc/pve/corosync.conf / /etc/corosync/corosync.conf

you can also check this [0],this is for changing hostnames but the files mentioned there can be of importance when changing the IP.

where did you find these commands? the last one didn't do anything because it's probably the wrong command. maybe you're looking for zpool import instead?

note that this operation can also be done on the GUI in Node -> Disks or Datacenter -> Storage as well.

[0]: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Renaming_a_PVE_node
Ty for you reply!
The files /etc/pve/corosync.conf / /etc/corosync/corosync.conf dont exists on my system.
1604425535034.png
1604425559209.png

if it's a standalone node and not in a cluster then that is normal :)

Yes, its one node.
But if I successfully changed the ip.. and the other commands dont really do anything... what is wrong with my hdd and my container?

Edit:
I just tried the command pct mount 101 and get this:
Code:
root@proxmox:/etc/corosync# pct mount 101
zfs error: open3: exec of zpool list -o name -H WDHD failed: No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Tools.pm line 441.

zfs error: open3: exec of zpool list -o name -H WDHD failed: No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Tools.pm line 441.

could not activate storage 'WDHD', zfs error: open3: exec of zpool list -o name -H WDHD failed: No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Tools.pm line 441.

Last edited:
what is wrong with my hdd and my container?
most likely the pool is missing. what does zpool list say

maybe you're looking for zpool import instead?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!