bobyonekenobi86

Nov 30, 2021
Dear Forum,

I would like to create an api Token for pve user, but I receive the following error message:

Error
Parameter verification failed (400)
tokenid: value does not match the regex pattern.

I already made an apt update and full-upgrade and a restart but still.

Could someone please assist?

Thanks and Regards,
bobyonekenobi86

proxmox-ve: 7.0-2 (running kernel: 5.11.22-4-pve)
pve-manager: 7.0-11 (running version: 7.0-11/63d82f4e)

Last edited:
how are you trying to create the API token? over the GUI? what are you trying to use as tokenid?

how are you trying to create the API token? over the GUI? what are you trying to use as tokenid?
Hi Fabian!

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I am trying from the GUI. From Chrome, I click: Datacenter -> Permissions ->API Tokens -> Add
I am choosing my created api@pve user ( Path: /, PVEAdmin), I am adding a random 20 character string (uppercase, lowercase, numbers) as Token ID, and I press Add.

After these the mentioned error comes.

the regex the token-subid needs to match is qr/[A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9\.\-_]+/ - did you maybe start with a digit? or included some special character?

the regex the token-subid needs to match is qr/[A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9\.\-_]+/ - did you maybe start with a digit? or included some special character?
Wow! Excellent! Thank you!
The random string started with a number. I modified it, and it created it like charm!

Thank you so much, and have a pleasant day!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!