Cant connect to Internet on VM

GFTA

Jun 3, 2022
Hello everyone,

This is my first time using Proxmox so I don't know a lot about it.

The Internet connection on the Node works just fine but there is no connection in the VM. not even a adapter in the adapter options (Windows)

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 164
When using only one public IP you might need to use a NAT network configuration like described here to route from a PVE host with a public IP to a private subnet that you use with your VMs.

And when using virtio NICs you need to install the virtio drivers in windows first.

I tried it but it didn't seem to work. After applying the network settings it deleted the last 3 lines.
Im renting the server from a hoster so I don't know about the private network. Maybe thats the problem?Unbenannt_LI.jpg

I tried it but it didn't seem to work. After applying the network settings it deleted the last 3 lines.
Im renting the server from a hoster so I don't know about the private network. Maybe thats the problem?View attachment 37651
I also just noticed that it says No Guest Agent configured in the VM summary.

The Internet connection on the Node works just fine but there is no connection in the VM. not even a adapter in the adapter options (Windows)
which version of windows did you install?
and which ISO did you use? (there are known network issues with the german windows ISO, with workarounds)

if you're using a windows VM you might have to install virtio drivers [0] for the network, depending on the VM configuration.

if you're unsure then please post the VM configuration: qm config VMID (replace VMID with your windows VM)

[0]: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Windows_VirtIO_Drivers

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!