cannot access Management GUI via xfce+chromium directly on host server

lewinernst

Jul 31, 2021
Hello everyone, i just installed proxmox for the first time and after the installation followed https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Workstations_with_Proxmox_VE_and_X11 since i needed to get some vms going for work and didn‘t have any client on hand. Now whenever i open chromium and navigate to the given IP (192.168.1.7:8006) it says „…failed - [address] didn‘t send any data. This is in chromium running directly on the proxmox host. If i connect from my phone it shows the ultra cut down web version. Internet access is working as well.
Any ideas why this is happening? My first guess would be either the management interface being sandboxed locally or me being an amateur about networks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!