I've configured my server with a bonded and bridged connection and seem to have gotten in a little over my head. Our networking group's switch configuration may also be involved. I have kernel logs going back to July 16th and since August 14th I keep periodically getting the following error for reasons unclear (though I know they have been troubleshooting a multicast issue): Code: kernel: [ 38.456871] vmbr0: received packet on bond0 with own address as source address (addr:14:18:77:5a:5c:2c, vlan:0) While investigating, I looked at /cat/net/bonding/bond0 and see that my bonding mode is "round-robin". However, in my configuration, I had set active-backup. Did I set this incorrectly? Here is my /etc/network/interfaces file: Code: auto lo iface lo inet loopback #auto eno1 allow-hotplug eno1 iface eno1 inet manual bond-master bond0 iface eno2 inet manual iface eno3 inet manual iface eno4 inet manual #auto enp13s0 allow-hotplug enp13s0 iface enp13s0 inet manual bond-master bond0 auto bond0 iface bond0 inet manual bond-slaves none bond-mode active-backup bond-miimon 100 bond-primary enp13s0 auto vmbr0 iface vmbr0 inet static address ##redacted netmask ##redacted gateway ##redacted network ##redacted broadcast ##redacted bridge-ports bond0 bridge-stp off bridge-fd 0 Here is /cat/net/bonding/bond0 Code: Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver: v3.7.1 (April 27, 2011) Bonding Mode: load balancing (round-robin) MII Status: up MII Polling Interval (ms): 100 Up Delay (ms): 0 Down Delay (ms): 0 Slave Interface: eno1 MII Status: up Speed: 1000 Mbps Duplex: full Link Failure Count: 1 Permanent HW addr: 14:18:77:5a:5c:2c Slave queue ID: 0 Slave Interface: enp13s0 MII Status: up Speed: 1000 Mbps Duplex: full Link Failure Count: 1 Permanent HW addr: a0:36:9f:51:4c:08 Slave queue ID: 0 Can I also ask what is the proper way to restart this interface if I want to try different settings. I ran 'systemctl restart networking' via SSH and it locked up. I logged into our light-out controller however and was still unable to bring up the interface. I had to reboot at that point (I hadn't made any config changes; so rebooting reliably raised the interface as it has in the past with the configuration above).