[SOLVED] Blacklisted GPU on headless machine but need command line

thierrybla

Apr 15, 2019
Hey guys I have made a huge problem for myself and I don't know how to fix it.. it's giving me anxiety.

Basically .. I blacklisted all the gpu drivers as you do when you try to passthrough the gpus but the problem is that I run Ryzen so I have no onboard graphics.

Now usually this isn't a problem because I can use the GUI but I changed something in the network settings and now my machine doesn't have network.. even the lights on the UTP ports are not blinking anymore. I wanna reverse what I did in the command line but this is impossible because I have no way to ssh without network and my gpu immediately passthroughs to a VM when I boot the machine.

Does anyone have an idea how on earth I can fix this? I'm desperate.. tell me if you need any info.

Maybe you can boot from live CD / USB, mount your partition and edit your blacklist.conf or directly interfaces file?

AMD GPU Saved my life, I had about 10 seconds to edit something with the command line before my screen would go black again..
I changed the network file and now everything works again!

AMD GPU Saved my life, I had about 10 seconds to edit something with the command line before my screen would go black again..
I changed the network file and now everything works again!

You could also just boot into single mode and fix your stuff there, Linux is extremely powerful in such things.

I am using ZFS rpool as boot method how would I edit this on a live CD?

Install ZFS in the (ordinary Linux) LiveCD and fix your problems there.
The PVE-Installer has in recent versions a recovery mode especially designed for recovering your OS with integrated ZFS in case of an error.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!