Backup on another Node

Borotes

Apr 8, 2021
Hi Guys,

I have a few VMs running on my main server that I would like to back up. For this I got a second, weaker Intel NUC, on which I also installed Proxmox and connected an external USB hard drive for backups.
This NUC should only serve as storage space a small NAS that I need for other purposes. Otherwise I would have installed the Proxmox Backup Server directly on it.

Attached you will find a small drawing of what my current planning looks like. The backups from the NUC 8 should be saved on the WD Red.

Is that even possible? After selecting the node for Backups, it is not available and I only get an error message.

Best regards

Borotes

Attachments

• VISIO_jmM4MM5njL.png
    VISIO_jmM4MM5njL.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 32
  • firefox_xCORPSMpI2.png
    firefox_xCORPSMpI2.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 26
  • TeamViewer_Bud0PPIqVk.png
    TeamViewer_Bud0PPIqVk.png
    33 KB · Views: 24
  • TeamViewer_fDHqExPgWy.png
    TeamViewer_fDHqExPgWy.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 24
You can't add a storage to NUC-8 which is local to NUC-7.
You can e.g. setup an NFS share on NUC-7 and mount it on NUC-8.

Reactions: Borotes

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!