Allowing access to Tracking Center from the Quarantine Manager role.

Dando

Oct 9, 2024
Hello Proxmox users,

We switched over to the Proxmox Mail Gateway a few months ago and have been very happy with it since.
Currently I am the only user who has access to the Mail Gateway, and my most common task is checking the Spam Quarantine / Tracking Center.

I access these menus when one of our users complains that they are missing a certain email. I'll typically check the Spam Quarantine first, and if I can't find the required email there then I check the Tracking Center to see if it has been delivered or rejected.

I've been asked to give one of our Apprentices access to these menus, so they can check the Spam Quarantine when I am on annual leave or otherwise busy.
I've created them a login using the Quarantine Manager role, which works perfectly for accessing the Spam Quarantine and nothing else critical. However, they cannot access the Tracking Center (Permission check failed 403)

Is there a way I can edit this role to be able to access the Tracking Center?
I assume the Tracking Center is populated by accessing log files on the actual Linux backend - If somebody could tell me the location of these files would it simply be enough to edit the read permissions to include the Quarantine Manager role?

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!