Adding Shared Folder to Plex server Running Inside a ProxMox Container

RealAct

Jul 22, 2023
Hello everyone,

First off, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I didn't see any other section that would look better than this one for me to post my issue. Please feel free to move it around if need be.

So unto my problem now.

I currently run my Plex server from a Synology NAS, and it has been running great for a couple of years, however it does struggle a bit with 4K movies and some old 4K content won’t even play at all.

So I’m trying to move over my Plex to a new Container running inside ProxMox on a MiniPC. The server is all setup and running, however, here’s my issue.

My entire library, all my Movies and Videos, are located on an external USB drive (which is currently connected to my Synology NAS). I tried mounting the Shared folder with all the movies as another storage pool in ProxMox. Using NFS and sharing, and it shows on my ProxMox as storage, but there’s no way I can make it appear on the Plex server. I don’t see a way to add it to the Plex server container as a resource, either.

What way can I make that share be usable by the Plex container?.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.
— Eli

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!