500 Can't clone to non-shared storage 'local'

Mecanik

Mar 2, 2017
Hello,

I have been struggling with the new cluster I setup using Proxmox 5.2.

I have my KVM Templates .conf on the "main" node, and the disks on a NFS shared storage, so I can full clone them on any node.

Well I can't aparently, because I always get: "Can't clone to non-shared storage 'local' " from the API.

Any idea why ? Please advise..

Hello,

I have been struggling with the new cluster I setup using Proxmox 5.2.

I have my KVM Templates .conf on the "main" node, and the disks on a NFS shared storage, so I can full clone them on any node.

Well I can't aparently, because I always get: "Can't clone to non-shared storage 'local' " from the API.

Any idea why ? Please advise..

The feature is simply not implemented. Feel free to open in bugzilla a bug of type "enhancement"

In the meantime you can work around as follows:

* create a clone the the same node

* migrate the created VM afterwrds

I'm wondering if Proxmox can migrate a vm online with local disk to another node on a cluster, why the same procedure cannot be done for clone too?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!