Proxmox dies when i try to install win11

mhomiak10

Jan 8, 2024
Guys, please help me. When I try to install windows11 on my proxmox which is on virtualbox, I wait couple minutes when it says installing some components and when the installation is done my vm freezes and server crash. I tried bunch of different iso images but none of them work correctly. Does anybody have solution to this?

I tried some of iso images on photo, not all but the majority of them.

x.jpg

Guys, please help me. When I try to install windows11 on my proxmox which is on virtualbox, I wait couple minutes when it says installing some components and when the installation is done my vm freezes and server crash. I tried bunch of different iso images but none of them work correctly. Does anybody have solution to this?

I tried some of iso images on photo, not all but the majority of them.

View attachment 61880
Is it just Windows 11 or any (linux/windows) OS?
And did you enable nested virtualization? Since without it, it will never work.

Edit:
For nested virtualization on virtualbox see: https://docs.oracle.com/en/virtualization/virtualbox/6.0/admin/nested-virt.html

Last edited:
Is it just Windows 11 or any (linux/windows) OS?
And did you enable nested virtualization? Since without it, it will never work.
I enabled it in virtualbox. And yes, it's only happening on win11.

+ Down in tasks it shows me this...

y.jpg

And i use default SeaBIOS and uncheck EFI disk and TPM

Last edited:
If proxmox is crashing its using too much memory. Reduce the memory perhaps.

Also, try setting Processor type to x86-64-v2-AES on the windows 11 virtual machine.

If proxmox is crashing its using too much memory. Reduce the memory perhaps.

Also, try setting Processor type to x86-64-v2-AES on the windows 11 virtual machine.
You mean to reduce memory on vm in proxmox? I set it to 6144

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!