how to give domain level access to a user in proxmox mail gateway

powersupport

Jan 18, 2020
Hi,

Could anyone advise how to give domain-level access to a user in PMG, I couldn't find any documentation on this

Thank you.

Please explain in full detail what you mean with "domain-level access to a user"

Hi,

I mean a user with access to domain-level details(only the domain created under his account or assigned to ) like logs, quarantine management, and the user must not see any server-wide settings,

Thank you

Hi,

I mean a user with access to domain-level details(only the domain created under his account or assigned to ) like logs, quarantine management, and the user must not see any server-wide settings,

Thank you
there is no such separation in the proxmox mail gateway, every admin user can see all logs and all quarantined items.

best practice: install a separate instance of the proxmox mail gateway for each domain.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

>there is no such separation in the proxmox mail gateway, every admin user can see all logs and all quarantined items.
What we meant is that suppose if we have two domains named abc.com and test.com and if abc.com belongs to user1 and test.com belongs to user2 may I know is it not possible to separate these two users ? That is user1 who owns abc.com should not be able to see the logs, quarantine management, and other logs of test.com ? Is this scenario not possible ?

Kindly advise.

Thank You

Domains don't have owners and so what you're looking for isn't possible. What you could do is build a wrapper system that uses the API and keep track of what domain should go to what user in that wrapper system. For example, in a WHMCS or Blesta server module what you're looking for can be done easily as long as you track which domains the client has setup .

@tom is there any plans to have this implemented? Using PMG per domain on a setup with hundreds or thousands of domains would be pretty resource heavy as a majority would likely be idle for most of that time.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!