[SOLVED] Proxmox doesn't conect to router

Killernoy

Aug 14, 2020
I have a mobo with ipmi so the cable isn't the problem.
the boot up screen shows the ip that i set at the installation.
Ping from pve to router gives back "Destination Host Unreachable".

mobo is an asus z10pa-d8 net interface in use is the onboard one
router is from AVM a FritzBox 7490

Is it possible that your network interface is down for any reason? Post the output of
ip a.

Is it possible that your network interface is down for any reason? Post the output of
ip a.
shortent t what i think is importent
enp5s0 <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
enp6s0 same as above
vmbr0 <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc nonqueue state UNKOWN group default qlen 1000

Okay, I assume there's some problem with your network configuration, as it wouldn't normally be down by default, but as a first step you can try ifup vmbr0. If that doesn't work, could you post the output of cat /etc/network/interfaces?

Reactions: Killernoy
Okay, I assume there's some problem with your network configuration, as it wouldn't normally be down by default, but as a first step you can try ifup vmbr0. If that doesn't work, could you post the output of cat /etc/network/interfaces?
thank you i found the problem the nic was configured as enp4s0 but should have been enp5s0

Reactions: harry700

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!