Best way to manage "Invalid Server ID" after reinstall?

Jan 12, 2015
Hello,
Is there some tip for reinstalling Proxmox that will not mess up the status of the Subscription Key?

I've been waiting (so far) 12 hours for the "Invalid Server ID" status to clear (two support tickets with a third party license provider) so I can begin provisioning the server. Is there any way to preserve the license status *before* reinstalling?

PS: Ansible sees the 401 status on the enterprise repo as a hard error and terminates (maybe we can adjust the playbook to ignore it). How likely is it that there are dependencies for packages on the enterprise repo?

Last edited:
We wanted to go with Maurer IT from the start but the available payment options apparently don't work for our billing department. Proxmox is great, we love it, but I'm concerned these constant license issues will be a detriment. I understand it's not your problem, but in a way it kinda is. Our dev team likes to use this as a pitch fork in the production meetings. They don't like their application taking an extra second to load because we have all the VMs lumped onto one hypervisor while we wait on a license reset. The boss hears the whining and will eventually tire of it and ask how much it will cost to fix this. He will want to know about other options. I'm just saying -- this is what a third-party support model costs your product in the enterprise.

We wanted to go with Maurer IT from the start but the available payment options apparently don't work for our billing department. Proxmox is great, we love it, but I'm concerned these constant license issues will be a detriment.

You can pay with bank transfer or PayPal (and credit cards via PayPal). Almost all companies I know have at least one of these two options. Who runs a company and no not have a bank account?
Our subscription plans are easy to understand and purchase is done in minutes, including key activation.

If your reseller does not provide the needed service, choose another one.

I understand it's not your problem, but in a way it kinda is. Our dev team likes to use this as a pitch fork in the production meetings. They don't like their application taking an extra second to load because we have all the VMs lumped onto one hypervisor while we wait on a license reset. The boss hears the whining and will eventually tire of it and ask how much it will cost to fix this. He will want to know about other options. I'm just saying -- this is what a third-party support model costs your product in the enterprise.

Proxmox VE can start VMs also without a subscription keys, so I do not get your point here.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!