Best way to manage "Invalid Server ID" after reinstall?

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by jimmyjoe, Jun 22, 2018.

1. jimmyjoe

jimmyjoe Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

Hello,
    Is there some tip for reinstalling Proxmox that will not mess up the status of the Subscription Key?

I've been waiting (so far) 12 hours for the "Invalid Server ID" status to clear (two support tickets with a third party license provider) so I can begin provisioning the server. Is there any way to preserve the license status *before* reinstalling?

PS: Ansible sees the 401 status on the enterprise repo as a hard error and terminates (maybe we can adjust the playbook to ignore it). How likely is it that there are dependencies for packages on the enterprise repo?

#1 jimmyjoe, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jimmyjoe

jimmyjoe Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

We wanted to go with Maurer IT from the start but the available payment options apparently don't work for our billing department. Proxmox is great, we love it, but I'm concerned these constant license issues will be a detriment. I understand it's not your problem, but in a way it kinda is. Our dev team likes to use this as a pitch fork in the production meetings. They don't like their application taking an extra second to load because we have all the VMs lumped onto one hypervisor while we wait on a license reset. The boss hears the whining and will eventually tire of it and ask how much it will cost to fix this. He will want to know about other options. I'm just saying -- this is what a third-party support model costs your product in the enterprise.

4. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

You can pay with bank transfer or PayPal (and credit cards via PayPal). Almost all companies I know have at least one of these two options. Who runs a company and no not have a bank account?
    Our subscription plans are easy to understand and purchase is done in minutes, including key activation.

If your reseller does not provide the needed service, choose another one.

Proxmox VE can start VMs also without a subscription keys, so I do not get your point here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice