Zpool gone after upgrade to 5.1?

sandqst

Oct 24, 2017
Hi!

I am relatively new to proxmox, but I need to post a question. running proxmox prior the upgrade to 5.1 I have a zpool running of 4 4TB disks. after the update, upgrade and dist-upgrade. I can no longer mount of dins the zpool at all. Al I get is a "could not activate storage 'rpool', zfs error: import by numeric ID instead (500)" And I am unsure if I can even see the catch file for the zpool.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it possible to downgrade or run a older kernel to see if the zpool is there?

Many thanks,
David

After a recent upgrade I also have issue booting and importing pools, blkid does not work neither, i opened a thread about it.
I've read about issue with grub not being able to load after zfs upgrade, so i did not upgrade my pool, thank god. So now it is using the old zfs/spl 0.6.5.
I was able to boot into an older kernel and everything works fine for now after several reboots.
It does work this way but it would be nice to make the newer setup work.

After having performed a partial rollback of the update utilizing the methods described under "can-i-rollback-an-apt-get-upgrade-if-something-goes-wrong" on stackexchange.

I am now essentially running the 5.0 proxmox packages. I can now see the zpool is healthy and checks out fine, and that all disks are healthy. However, I cannot start any of the VM, including newly created ones. There seams to be something amiss with kvm:

TASK ERROR: start failed: command '/usr/bin/kvm -id 102

What would be bes easiest solution here? To try to fix the current Proxmox install or do a reinstall? Would it be possible to mount a kvm image to extract some of the most resent files which where not backed-up in the last days?

Attachments

• rollback.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 5
please include "pveversion -v", "zpool import" and "zpool status" output as well as any relevant logs and error messages. just saying "does not work" does not bring us closer to finding out why ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!