ZFS Storage Problem - Snapshots

Feb 17, 2021
Hello everybody!

I have a problem with my second hard drive in Proxmox. This is not displayed correctly in my opinion. As you can see in the pictures, the free space varies between 300GB and 600GB. On the hard disk there are two VMs which have 1x500GB and 1x64GB + 1x snapshot. Due to my storage problem, I can no longer take snapshots of the larger machine (message: space is not enough), how can I fix this?

---in Deutsch---
Ich habe ein Problem mit meiner zweiten Festplatte in Proxmox. Diese wird meiner Meinung nach nicht korrekt angezeigt. Wie in den Bildern zu sehen ist, ist variiert der freie Anteil des Speicherplatzes zwischen 300GB und 600 GB. Auf der Festplatte befinden sich zwei VMs diese haben 1x500GB und 1x64GB + 1x Snapshot. Durch mein Speicherproblem kann ich keine Snapshots mehr von der größeren Maschine erstellen (Nachricht: der Speicher reicht nicht aus), wie kann ich das beheben?

WDHD = 1 TB WD RED

root@pve:~# zfs list
NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT
WDHD 596G 303G 96K /WDHD
WDHD/vm-100-disk-0 516G 518G 301G -
WDHD/vm-105-disk-0 80.5G 368G 14.4G -
root@pve:~# zpool list
NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE CKPOINT EXPANDSZ FRAG CAP DEDUP HEALTH ALTROOT
WDHD 928G 316G 612G - - 10% 34% 1.00x ONLINE -

Usage (as shown in ProxmoxGUI) 66.29% (640.11 GB of 965.56 GB)

Error while snapshotting:
saving VM state and RAM using storage 'WDHD'
2.51 MiB in 0s
993.89 MiB in 1s
completed saving the VM state in 1s, saved 1.19 GiB
snapshotting 'drive-scsi0' (WDHD:vm-100-disk-0)
snapshot create failed: starting cleanup
TASK ERROR: zfs error: cannot create snapshot 'WDHD/vm-100-disk-0@upd': out of space

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!