ZFS disk device shows but unaible to add to volume

When i check 'disks' under 'storage view' it shows the nvme 1TB i have installed, next it it says usage ZFS.

When i click on 'ZFS' just below 'disks' there is a single pool named rpool which does not include the 1TB nvme, i see no way how to add it to this pool.

please assist

What is the output of zpool status and zpool import?

What is the output of zpool status and zpool import?
zpool status show the 3 disks i already have in place, not the newly added disk.
errors: No known data errors

zpool import shows two pools i don't know but again nothing out of the ordinary

i can see the nvme disk in the proxmox webui, but i cannot find it back anywhere else

Has this nvme device be part of another pool?
Is it possible that pve detects these depicts but the pool.is not imported due to missing devices?
Check /dev/disk/by-id for the nvme disk and if there are partitions on it.
If so (and you feel comfortable - you can wipe them. This should make the disk available

Has this nvme device be part of another pool?
Is it possible that pve detects these depicts but the pool.is not imported due to missing devices?
Check /dev/disk/by-id for the nvme disk and if there are partitions on it.
If so (and you feel comfortable - you can wipe them. This should make the disk available

Ehr. Yes, indeed. There exists the nvme device i cannot find back elsewhere.

It has partition assigned to them which i assume were made by ZFS.

cfdisk /dev/nvmen2p1
actually shows it was assigned a label and ZFS partitions

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!