[SOLVED] Windows cloud init latency

foadk

Mar 25, 2020
Hi.
I have created a windows 2019 cloud init image, following this tutorial, and using that image, I've created a VM using cloud init parameters for network and setting password.
The VM works, but there is a big problem. It takes around 10 minutes for cloud parameters to apply. That is how log I have to wait till I can connect using RDP.
I can login via vnc, but only using old password, not the new one set using cloud init. After 10 minutes I can log in using new password.
What is this latency? How can I fix it?

It seems the problem was with config file. This parameter should be set in C:\Program Files\Cloudbase Solutions\Cloudbase-Init\conf\cloudbase-init.conf of windows image, described here:

Code:
metadata_services= cloudbaseinit.metadata.services.configdrive.ConfigDriveService,
                   cloudbaseinit.metadata.services.httpservice.HttpService,
                   cloudbaseinit.metadata.services.ec2service.EC2Service,
                   cloudbaseinit.metadata.services.maasservice.MaaSHttpService

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!