Should I reinstall Proxmox or I can do it using console or web ui?
You should just be able to set it when you click on the Host > System > Network in the Web UI

edit: you will also have to update your /etc/hosts file, so it contains the new IP

You should just be able to set it when you click on the Host > System > Network in the Web UI

edit: you will also have to update your /etc/hosts file, so it contains the new IP
I've change IP to 65 in "Network in the Web UI" (interface vbr0), in /etc/host and in router.
I've connected after reboot, but, in several minutes connections were broken with same symptoms.

Hi,
can you exclude a RAM issue? Try running a memory test.. Also, can you login to the machine physically when the ssh connection and WebUI fail? If yes, can you check disk usage, memory usage, dmesg -w, journal...
Dear Chris, I finally can log in to machine when it breaks connection.
What should I check?

UPD: As I see, both ssh and pveproxy are working and ok (although, they are unavailable from my local machine). There are no errors or termination signals.

Last edited:
What should I check?
Running out of ideas here.. since you have nothing in the logs.. You could run arp -a to check the mac addresses or check with tools such as socat if your network remains up while services such as sshd and pveproxy loose connection.

I only skimmed over the thread, but:

I would remove this completely and try with a simple default network configuration with a static IP only set on the PVE-host: [1].

The following outputs in code-tags from the current configuration might also be helpful:
  • cat /etc/network/interfaces
  • cat /etc/hosts
  • ip a

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Network_Configuration#_default_configuration_using_a_bridge
Dear Neobin,
output is attached.
I've disabled static ip before getting it.

Attachments

• hosts.txt
    280 bytes · Views: 3
  • interfaces.txt
    692 bytes · Views: 3
  • ip_a.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 3
I have a hypothesis.
I've set ip and subnet as 10.10.1.65/27. And gateway ip is 10.10.1.1.
I suppose that it could cause some conflict (gateway is out of subnet) and it was a reason of such a strange behaviour.
As for now, I have change subnet to /24. Already 10 minutes it works. I'll try to keep it for some hours to check, whether the problem is solved.

UPD: 40 minutes up. It seems working fine.

UPD2: Problem is solved. Great thanks for your help!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!