Web GUI not working

proxmoxnoobuser

Dec 1, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm super new to networking and ProxMox so please bare with me as I reply to your feedbacks.

This server was already configured previously and I'm trying to learn how it's set up by using web GUI. However, I'm having trouble accessing to it. my private address to connect to is, '10.100.20.164:8006'. I've tried putting http and https, along with using other browsers but still no luck. Where should I look into and how can I start troubleshooting it?

Thanks!

1638370841557.png

hi,

can you ssh to your server? check the output of ss -antlp | grep 8006 on the command line to check if pveproxy (webgui) is running.

also it's "Proxmox VE" and not "ProxMox" :)

I got the result that says,

LISTEN 0 128 *:8006 *:* users:(("pveproxy worker",pid-1740,fd=6),("pveproxy worker",pid=1738,fd=6),("pveproxy",pid=1735,fd=6))

So I'm assuming the pveproxy is running in this case?

Also, I'm currently just accessing the server physically. I have PuTTy installed on my personal computer, how can I find the address of the host I'm trying to SSH to?

Thanks

So I'm assuming the pveproxy is running in this case?
yes so it's running and should be accessible.

so you should check if your server really has this IP address 10.100.20.164 by running ip a and reading the output to see if this IP address is there. (you should also probably check cat /etc/network/interfaces)

if your server has the IP address and you still cannot access it then the problem must be on your windows end.. (or maybe a firewall/router inbetween?)

I've found that it was actually 10.100.40.250 that works. Can I ask what that means?
well that means your node has that IP address?

if you post the output from the commands i've mentioned above i can make a better guess :D

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!