[SOLVED] Web GUI not working on win10

becal

May 4, 2022
I cant connect to webgui of proxmox instance using my win10 pc even though my ios phone connects just fine.
Router brand: HALNY
I tried:
-turning firewall off
-different browsers
-private window in browser
-reboot of pc, router and proxmox server
-turning off proxmox firewall (using pve-firewall stop)

I connect using https://pve.server.ip.address:8006 (the same link that works on my phone)
I can't connect to the PVE using ssh from the windows instance but running tcpdump -v icmp when I ping the server using my Win10 computer I still get "request timed out" but on the proxmox CLI
Code:
16:20:00.512740 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 128, id48341, offset 0, flags [none], proto ICMP (1), lenght 60)
 ip.of.windows.machine > example.local: ICMP echo request, id1,seq 491, lenght 40
appears for every reqest send.

Last edited:
Is your PC and your iPhone on the same network? If yes - please check from the time in your Win10 if correct.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!