USB redirection with Spice

romcoca

Jan 20, 2016
Hello,
I want to use proxmox for my lab but the last thing doesnt work is usb redirection using spice.
I have installed proxmox 4.1 on my server.
I have created a Windows 7 VM and installing spice_guest without any problem.
I have add usb to my VM usigne this command :
qm set 100 -usb0 spice
I see the line (-usb0: spice) in the vm.conf (/etc/pve/qemu-server/100.conf)
When i connect to the VM using remote-viewer on my Win7 pc, i see the desktop but i cant redirect usb (the line Usb device selection is not tickable).
Please help me....
Another question, is it possible to connect VM using spice without tls and proxy (maybe i cant redirect usb cause of tls)?
I prefer to use remote-viewer and this url spice://10.0.0.50:5900

Hello,
I want to use proxmox for my lab but the last thing doesnt work is usb redirection using spice.
I have installed proxmox 4.1 on my server.
I have created a Windows 7 VM and installing spice_guest without any problem.
I have add usb to my VM usigne this command :
qm set 100 -usb0 spice
I see the line (-usb0: spice) in the vm.conf (/etc/pve/qemu-server/100.conf)
When i connect to the VM using remote-viewer on my Win7 pc, i see the desktop but i cant redirect usb (the line Usb device selection is not tickable).
Please help me....
Another question, is it possible to connect VM using spice without tls and proxy (maybe i cant redirect usb cause of tls)?
I prefer to use remote-viewer and this url spice://10.0.0.50:5900

Does not work on windows, see also http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/SPICE#Using_client_USB_devices

I'm also interested in a similar topic.
At https://www.spice-space.org/usbredir.html says "To get USB redirection working on Windows clients, you need to install UsbDk".

This should work on Windows 10. Basically you just need to install this UsbDk on your laptop/pc, connect to your VM console with remote-viewer and select USB device from menu and you are good to go.

You can also drag&drop files from your laptop/pc to VM directly via remote-viewer.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!