URGENT PROXMOX 3.X NOT STARTING PLEASE HELP ME.

No,
the repo-file must named .list - not .tx (is ignored)
And you have an typo in pve-no-subscription !! Please do the correct echo again ang apt-get update after that

Udo
Did i type it correct now ?

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 8
Hi,
ohoh - you have tried an upgrade to jessie before?!

That's not so easy...

Post the output of following commands:
Code:
find /etc/apt -ls
cat /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
Udo
Hi Udo

I have this result

Thanks

Attachments

• on.jpg
    on.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 6
You do not have a subscription, so you can't use the enterprise repo. I suggest you get a subscription ASAP. You may end with an even worse disaster.

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Package_Repositories

Also, you need to know more about LVM.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/40702/how-to-manage-and-use-lvm-logical-volume-management-in-ubuntu/
Sorry Jeff,
an subscription is not helpfull yet - pve3.4 is out of maintenace and the system is broken due newer packages.

He must revert all newer packages after cleaning the repos.

If all running, he can upgrade and buy an subscription.

Udo

Sorry Jeff,
an subscription is not helpfull yet - pve3.4 is out of maintenace and the system is broken due newer packages.

He must revert all newer packages after cleaning the repos.

If all running, he can upgrade and buy an subscription.

Udo
What you suggest me bro

Thanks

What you suggest me bro

Thanks
Hi,
your sources.list are reverted back to wheezy! But what have you done to install pve4-stuff?!

Anyway, all packages, which are shown during dist-upgrate with "depends on xxx but xyz is installed" must be reverted by you like this (e.g. with libtinfo5 from the screeshot):
Code:
apt-get --force-yes install libtinfo5=5.9-10
after you revert all packages the "apt-get dist-upgrade" should work.

Start with important packages like libc.

It's a lot work but perhaps faster than build an new 3.4-system and restore the pve-sqlite-DB and all VM-hdds.

But I must go to sleep now (and work tomoror - so not realy much time).

Udo

Reactions: Kujtim
Hi,
your sources.list are reverted back to wheezy! But what have you done to install pve4-stuff?!

Anyway, all packages, which are shown during dist-upgrate with "depends on xxx but xyz is installed" must be reverted by you like this (e.g. with libtinfo5 from the screeshot):
Code:
apt-get --force-yes install libtinfo5=5.9-10
after you revert all packages the "apt-get dist-upgrade" should work.

Start with important packages like libc.

It's a lot work but perhaps faster than build an new 3.4-system and restore the pve-sqlite-DB and all VM-hdds.

But I must go to sleep now (and work tomoror - so not realy much time).

Udo
Again Same Error :( Can you help me becuase im trying for 30 hours :(

Attachments

• 0-02-05-c60e6f4857f5bda3d49cb00f7384ee8265e15fcfa197b25afbf2dc42eb976365_full.jpg
    0-02-05-c60e6f4857f5bda3d49cb00f7384ee8265e15fcfa197b25afbf2dc42eb976365_full.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 6
You have installed kerberos?!

Looks that you have installed samba on your pve-server!

You should know your samba-admin password
i dont know what i installed two days ago, im trying to install TBS driver :(

I help a little:
first cleanup your apt sources.

this file: /etc/apt/sources.list
all files in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

because it looks like your /etc/apt/sources.list has some entries with stable instead of wheezy.

So fix your sources.list.d folder by removing all files there, except the pve-no-subscription.list - check again if you write it right as udo told you by "cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-no-subscription.list"

Fix your /etc/apt/sources.list (maybe give a screenshot of it) all stable/jessie/stretch should be wheezy
and do a complete downgrade: https://ispire.me/downgrade-from-debian-sid-to-stable-from-jessie-to-wheezy/

---

Just a info what you did so far... you had stable debian and wheezy proxmox sources, by apt-get upgrade and apt-get dist-upgrade you increase your debian version from wheezy (really old stable) -> jessie (old stable) -> stretch (current stable), but with old wheezy proxmox packages. A upgrade is possible but not over 2 releases at once like you do.

---

Where are you from, that you couldn't find anybody with linux experience in your city/country.

I help a little:
first cleanup your apt sources.

this file: /etc/apt/sources.list
all files in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

because it looks like your /etc/apt/sources.list has some entries with stable instead of wheezy.

So fix your sources.list.d folder by removing all files there, except the pve-no-subscription.list - check again if you write it right as udo told you by "cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-no-subscription.list"

Fix your /etc/apt/sources.list (maybe give a screenshot of it) all stable/jessie/stretch should be wheezy
and do a complete downgrade: https://ispire.me/downgrade-from-debian-sid-to-stable-from-jessie-to-wheezy/

---

Just a info what you did so far... you had stable debian and wheezy proxmox sources, by apt-get upgrade and apt-get dist-upgrade you increase your debian version from wheezy (really old stable) -> jessie (old stable) -> stretch (current stable), but with old wheezy proxmox packages. A upgrade is possible but not over 2 releases at once like you do.

---

Where are you from, that you couldn't find anybody with linux experience in your city/country.
Hi,
the downgrade went not well (after libc downgrade the chroot wasn't usable).
We transfer the content to an new installation yet...

Good to know someone is awake :D

But you should really sleep, because of your working day.

Good luck to both of you, that the solution would work directly and be smooth.

Good to know someone is awake :D

But you should really sleep, because of your working day.

Good luck to both of you, that the solution would work directly and be smooth.
Udo help me to fix this and everything is ok
Thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!