URGENT PROXMOX 3.X NOT STARTING PLEASE HELP ME.

Kujtim

Oct 29, 2017
HI im trying to update kernel is not working i restart my pc , proxmox not started stuck in "Setting up LVM Volume Group, please help me, all clients its down

Last edited:
Hi,
does the system boot if you select the older kernel in the grub bootmenu?

BTW: how do you make the update? With "apt-get upgrade" or with "apt-get dist-upgrade"?

Udo
Im trying
Two options apt-get upgrade ant apt dist-upgrade im begginer on this but im using proxmox for 3 years i don't know to boot kernel on grub bootmenu if u have whatsup i will pay you only to fix this problem
Thank you

Im trying
Two options apt-get upgrade ant apt dist-upgrade im begginer on this
Sorry, don't understand - the question is, do you use upgrade (wrong) or dist-upgrade (right).
but im using proxmox for 3 years
You had should read the manual during the three years.
i don't know to boot kernel on grub bootmenu
Restart Node
Code:
Grub Menu
Arrow down -> select Advanced options ... -> Return -> select older kernel -> Return
if u have whatsup i will pay you only to fix this problem
Thank you
If you mean whatsapp with whatup -> no, sorry. only free software.

Udo

Sorry, don't understand - the question is, do you use upgrade (wrong) or dist-upgrade (right).

You had should read the manual during the three years.

Restart Node
Code:
Grub Menu
Arrow down -> select Advanced options ... -> Return -> select older kernel -> Return

If you mean whatsapp with whatup -> no, sorry. only free software.

Udo

I restart complet my pc and this is photo on gnu grb what i need to do now

Attachments

• 1509264947457.JPEG
    1509264947457.JPEG
    100.8 KB · Views: 19
It looks like that the lvm is stuck and can't finish it's initiation. Do you have a live cd?

It looks like that the lvm is stuck and can't finish it's initiation. Do you have a live cd?
Yes i have,but i have all data inside on lvm's
last night im trying to updating kernel and to updating system i dont know what i did, i restart the pc and not strated,

Yes i have,but i have all data inside on lvm's
last night im trying to updating kernel and to updating system i dont know what i did, i restart the pc and not strated,
Do you know which kernel you used? If so try to boot from it via grub. If you don't know it boot the live cd , mount the lvms and look for it in "/"

Attachments

• g.JPEG
    g.JPEG
    189.8 KB · Views: 7
No, in the line, which begins with linux...

But your pve-root is clean said an screenshot before - if not an additional disk in your lvm-group is slower, this will not help.

But you can try it.

Otherwise boot the installtion-cd in rescue-mode!

Udo
Need to put Proxmox cd inside right? and to boot from cd

Do you know which kernel you used? If so try to boot from it via grub. If you don't know it boot the live cd , mount the lvms and look for it in "/"
No Oliver i don't know what kernel model used
,yes i know to boot live cd

No, in the line, which begins with linux...

But your pve-root is clean said an screenshot before - if not an additional disk in your lvm-group is slower, this will not help.

But you can try it.

Otherwise boot the installtion-cd in rescue-mode!

Udo
I'm going to Rescue Boot from live cd and this is message

Attachments

• b.JPEG
    b.JPEG
    71 KB · Views: 12

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!