URGENT PROXMOX 3.X NOT STARTING PLEASE HELP ME.

Hello,

to be honest, this would be a never ending story. You have zero experience and no idea what you do. Ask a local professional linux admin to help you and buy them. Who does set up this machine? Ask them or a other linux sysadmin guy.

Solution, boot live usb/cd (grml.org) -> pvscan -> vgchange -a y -> lvscan
show if there are lv and if you can mount them /dev/$vg/$lv /mnt

If so umount and do a proper chroot, update all (apt-get dist-upgrade), umount and reboot hopefully everything is fixed.

Hello,

to be honest, this would be a never ending story. You have zero experience and no idea what you do. Ask a local professional linux admin to help you and buy them. Who does set up this machine? Ask them or a other linux sysadmin guy.

If so umount and do a proper chroot, update all (apt-get dist-upgrade), umount and reboot hopefully everything is fixed.
Hi I installed only is not problem to installet proxmox, but just installed and never i don't touch this

Hi,
look with following commands, if there are still trouble with your lvm:
Code:
pvs
vgs
lvs
after chroot to your system with the installation-cd, you should add the pve-no-subscription repo if you havn't an subscription:
Code:
echo "deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian wheezy pve-no-subscription" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-no-subscription.list

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
Udo

Hi,
look with following commands, if there are still trouble with your lvm:
Code:
pvs
vgs
lvs
after chroot to your system with the installation-cd, you should add the pve-no-subscription repo if you havn't an subscription:
Code:
echo "deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian wheezy pve-no-subscription" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-no-subscription.list

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
Udo
Yes remember i change /etc/apt/sources.list
I'm installing proxmox 3.4 on cd and i will write you

Hello,

This is the result what i need to do now

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 11
Hi,
Code:
vgchange -a y
fsck /dev/pve/root
fsck /dev/pve/data

mkdir /mnt/pve
mount /dev/pve/root /mnt/pve
mount /dev/pve/data /mnt/pve/var/lib/vz
mount -o bind /dev /mnt/pve/dev
mount -o bind /proc /mnt/pve/proc
mount -o bind /sys /mnt/pve/sys
chroot /mnt/pve
Udo
after this command need to reboot or anything?

Thanks

after this command need to reboot or anything?

Thanks
No, not reboot.

Then you should bring up your network interface, that you can use updates.
If you have network (don't need vmbr0 - eth0 is enough) and you can ping your router, you must set your default-gw:
Code:
ip route add default via x.y.z.n
# test dns
host download.proxmox.com
and then look for the repository and enable the no-subscription repo

Udo

No, not reboot.

Then you should bring up your network interface, that you can use updates.
If you have network (don't need vmbr0 - eth0 is enough) and you can ping your router, you must set your default-gw:
Code:
ip route add default via x.y.z.n
# test dns
host download.proxmox.com
and then look for the repository and enable the no-subscription repo

Udo
Did u know i download from grml.org iso and i record to cd and i put cd and i boot from this cd, and result in photo is from cd
Thanks

Hi,
if you have an /24 network then you must set your pve-ip like
Code:
ifconfig eth0 netmask 255.255.255.0 10.10.100.xx
after that you should be able to set the route (and ping the router?).

Udo
Can i use new hdd and install proxmox v5.x and after innstall to connect the hdd with data and to backup data to new hdd?

Thank you

Can i use new hdd and install proxmox v5.x and after innstall to connect the hdd with data and to backup data to new hdd?

Thank you
Hi,
yes, but not so easy - do you have valid backups?

You can connect an external HDD and copy all VM-disks to the external hdd.
But you need the config! and the config is in an sqlite-db. Not so easy for an beginner to get the data.

Do you have network connction inside the chroot?
apt-get update + dist-upgrade? (no-subscribtion-repo first).

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!