Unable to reach the web interface of Proxmox VE

paaul_24

Nov 13, 2020
Hey guys, maybe you can help me. So, I run a Proxmox Server at home and for unexplainable reasons I can no longer reach the web interface. Only a white screen is displayed. I’ve already tried restarting “pveproxy” and “pvedaemon”. Even a restart of the complete server didn't help. Maybe you have an idea. Port 8006 is being occupied by pveproxy.

Did you install some updates recently?
Do you see anything in the browsers Console tab in the developer tools?

Did you install some updates recently?
Do you see anything in the browsers Console tab in the developer tools?

I’ve set my updates like this in a separate no-subscription update list:

# PVE pve-no-subscription repository provided by proxmox.com,
# NOT recommended for production use
deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve buster pve-no-subscription

# security updates
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib

There are three mistakes and a warning, but I can't make any sense of them.

1605292524727.png

Is there any way to undo the updates or is there another solution?

Hmm, I would try to see what happens if you try to install the latest updates:
Code:
apt update
apt full-upgrade

full-upgrade is important in order to resolve new and changed dependencies.

Reactions: Dominic
Hmm, I would try to see what happens if you try to install the latest updates:
Code:
apt update
apt full-upgrade

full-upgrade is important in order to resolve new and changed dependencies.

Unfortunately, no updates are available here. What I forgot to say is that I tried to turn off the subscription message by changing the proxmoxlib.js file. This did not work because after each manual update the message was displayed again. Of course I saved the proxmoxlib.js file before. But after I wanted to replace the modified version again with the original proxmoxlib.js, I couldn’t reach the web interface anymore.

Screenshot 2020-11-14 124447.png

What I forgot to say is that I tried to turn off the subscription message by changing the proxmoxlib.js file. This did not work because after each manual update the message was displayed again.
Code:
apt install --reinstall pve-manager

This should install everything again for the web GUI to work as expected.

Consider buying a community subscription if you are that annoyed by that pop up and feel good that you are supporting the project and help to pay the developers' salary as well as for infrastructure like this forum :)

Reactions: Dominic
Code:
apt install --reinstall pve-manager

This should install everything again for the web GUI to work as expected.

Consider buying a community subscription if you are that annoyed by that pop up and feel good that you are supporting the project and help to pay the developers' salary as well as for infrastructure like this forum :)

Thank you for your help :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!