[SOLVED] Unable to prune

ioanv

Dec 11, 2014
Hi all

I have set up a few days ago a PBS and configured backup tasks from my proxmox servers. After a few days I have setup a prune schedule and run garbage collector however I see no decrease in the occupied storage. Is there a way to tell if the pruning was successful? Do I need to perform any other task to free up the space on the hard-drive?

Below a screen with my schedule and evolution of storage.forum.jpg

Thanks
Vlad

Sollte so passen. Er macht gerade nichts, weil du die Tage und Monate behältst und du erst seit paar tagen Backups.

So I'm still not able to configure pruning.
The config is below:

1613995635573.png
Here is what I found on the server. It seems that it is ignoring the config and it is keeping all the versions (one / day).
Any ideas?

Thank you
Vlad

1613995545186.png

you might want to play around with https://pbs.proxmox.com/docs/prune-simulator/ a bit ;)
Great resource, Fabian! I was able to troubleshoot my Pruning and garbage collector.
The first option (keep last x) was a little bit confusing for me because it specifies a separate number of versions to be kept except those specified by daily, weekly etc. So those versions are on top of those daily, weekly etc.

Thanks again!

Regards
Vlad

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!