[SOLVED] Unable to connect to GUI

Sams

Jul 12, 2021
I just installed proxmox as dualboot on my computer. I can access the local shell ping the internet and get a supposed adress to connect to on the local network for the GUI. When i try to connect to that webpage however, all my devices return:
ERR_NETWORK_UNREACHABLE.

Since i want to run the VMs locally (similar to QEMU or VBox) i also installed X and DWM and tried connecting locally from the server itself but that didnt work.

The server can find my other devices on the network but not vice versa.

What might the issue be and what can i do to fix it?

hi,

. I can access the local shell ping the internet and get a supposed adress to connect to on the local network for the GUI.
does that address match with the rest of your subnet?
The server can find my other devices on the network but not vice versa.
can you ping this IP address from the other devices on the same network and get a response?

What might the issue be and what can i do to fix it?
can you show us your /etc/network/interfaces file?

does that address match with the rest of your subnet?
I believe so. The internal ip for the gui is 192.168.68.119 (port 8006) and the LAN ip is 192.168.68.1.
can you ping this IP address from the other devices on the same network and get a response?
Seems like it, yes.
can you show us your /etc/network/interfaces file?
Here's my transciption:
auto lo Iface lo inet loopback Iface enp4s0 inet manual auto vmbr0 Iface vmbr0 inet static address 192.168.68.119/24 gateway 192.168.68.1 bridge-ports enp4s0 bridge-stp off bridge-fd 0 Iface wlp3s0 inet manual

okay seems normal.

could you post also the output from ss -antlp?

Ive been trying to figure out how to get the output of the terminal into an email from the root account, but since i failed, here's an image, i hope this works...

Attachments

• 20210712_140744.jpg
    20210712_140744.jpg
    880 KB · Views: 11
I dont understand, it worked now...
I havent changed anything? But i have access to the gui...
Thanks for the help though!

I havent changed anything? But i have access to the gui...
true, nothing was changed -- and it seems configured correctly. perhaps you just forgot the S in https :)

you can mark the thread with [SOLVED] prefix by clicking "Edit thread" on top right

I have discovered my error, i wrote 199 instead of 119 in the IP all day yesterday without noticing. How frustrating

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!