Two USB for Backup

kblknight

Jun 3, 2020
Hi Everyone,

im pretty new with ProxMox and Linux system, and i would be happy if if i get some help with my problem.

i have 2 USB and i would like to configure the ProxMox in such a way that it automaticly backup in my USB, the thing is that how can i configure it in a way if i remove USB1 and connect USB2 the backup still goes on without having an issue or giving an error that USB1 has been removed.

it is because to save same file into different places.

i would be happy to get a reply.

Regards
Azim

Hi,

Proxmox VE will write the backups to a directory.
If you unmount USB Device 1 and mount another USB Device to this path it will write it there.

Hi,

Proxmox VE will write the backups to a directory.
If you unmount USB Device 1 and mount another USB Device to this path it will write it there.

Hi,

thanks for the reply,

i tried to mount the USB with UUID, didnt work, now im trying to mount it with LABEL, but dont know how to do that, i tried to add it in fstab as following :

<file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
/dev/pve/root / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/pve/swap none swap sw 0 0
LABEL=Intenso /mnt/usb_backups vfat defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

it is not working.

will be happy if i get a help here.

regards
Azim

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!