two subnets use the same NIC

rafafell

Sep 24, 2016
Hi,

I'm having trouble making two subnets use the same NIC and being able to pass to the cluster nodes

scenery:

- 1 node with two NICs (one exclusively for public IPs - untagged; and another for private ips - tagged)
- 5 node with one NIC (tagged)

** I don't have direct access to the switch that connects these machines (I have to ask for adjustments if necessary - the less the better), but at first there are 6 ports forming a vlan (tagged) and 1 port for the public ip (untagged)

- subnet 192.168.0.0/23 - ip-cluster (lan pfsense)
- subnet 192.168.4.1/23 - ip-vms (lan pfsense)
- subnet 192.168.2.0/30 - wan pfsense (via nat with public-ip interface)

the cluster ips are 192.168.0.10-15. When I link the cluster ips directly on the NIC interface or on vmbrX your subnet works fine. I can pass ips and internet link to the vms of all nodes, but (1) I can't pass internet link to cluster nodes

(2) When I try to use vlans the nodes lose contact with each other. when linking ip to enp2s0.5 or vmbr0.5 they don't see each other anymore. This also occurs when I try OVS.

(3) with this subnet 192.168.4.0/23 works only on pfsense local node

Any idea why this is happening and how I can solve it?

proxmox.jpeg

Bash:
source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp3s0 inet manual

auto enp2s0
iface enp2s0 inet manual

auto enp1s0
iface enp1s0 inet static
        address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/27
        gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxy
#ip-public

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manual
        bridge-ports enp2s0
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
        bridge-vlan-aware yes
        bridge-vids 2-4094

auto vmbr0.10
iface vmbr0.10 inet static
        address 192.168.0.13/23
#wan - ip-cluster

auto vmbr0.20
iface vmbr0.20 inet static
        address 192.168.4.2/23
#lan - ip-vms

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
        address 192.168.2.1/30
        bridge-ports none
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
#wan nat enp1s0

post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
post-up iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s '192.168.2.0/30' -o enp1s0 -j MASQUERADE
post-down iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -s '192.168.2.0/30' -o enp1s0 -j MASQUERADE

Attachments

• proxmox.jpeg
    proxmox.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Any tips or suggestions to address the above issue? I have no idea how to proceed

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!