Suse Linux Enterprise Server as guest...any problem?

marcopzz

Nov 10, 2022
Hello everyone,
next week I will install a new vm with operating system "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1" on my production's Proxmox v.7.2-3 host.
Those who commissioned the work to me expressed some doubts because proxmox is not indicated in the list of Suse Enterprise's compatible hypervisor.
Has anyone already had experiences with using Suse Enterprise as a guest? Can you tell me if you have encountered any problems? Thank you very much!

Marco

https://documentation.suse.com/de-de/sles/15-SP3/html/SLES-all/cha-virt-support.html is telling

This section lists the support status for various guest operating systems virtualized on top of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP3 for KVM and Xen hypervisors.

The following guest operating systems are fully supported (L3): Report Documentation Bug
  • SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4
  • SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3, 12 SP4, 12 SP5
  • SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 GA, 15 SP1, 15 SP2, 15 SP3
so i think you are perfectly fine running SLES in Proxmox

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!