[SOLVED] SteamVR outputting only green color when used inside VM with GPU Passthrough

d1xt1r

Jan 18, 2019
2N7a7Pt.jpg

Hello,
At work we have a rig running Proxmox. We have four "Windows 2016 Server" virtual machines. For each VM we have dedicated GPU (2x GTX 1080, 2x GTX 1080Ti with GPU passthrough). We are also passing through HTC Vive headset to the VMs and everything was working fine the last time I used the HTC Vive with the VMs which was few months ago. Currently there is an issue which causes SteamVR to output only green color in the HMD. Tracking is working, but you can only see green color in the HMD. I've tested on Proxmox 5.4, Proxmox 6.0, with Windows 10 VM, Windows Server 2016 VM, Windows Server 2019 VM. On each VM I'm seeing only green color in the HMD. When connected to a regular machine everything is working normally.
Here is a short video showing the green color in the SteamVR display mirror tool.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Thank you in advance!

Did you try different ports? please also post config for each vm along with a lspci -k. are the VM drivers custom? we need more details.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!