Specify storage for guest replication

Tmanok

Hi PVE Team,

I was reading the admin guide and revisited local guest replication with two hosts having local-zfs and a question came up. How would you specify a secondary storage. For example, if my node has local-zfs and another JBOD eSAS enclosure running attached-zfs or similar, how would you specify which of the two storage repos to use?

Note that I've never used ZFS replication tasks in PVE so this may be obvious despite a lack of screenshots or CLI examples indicating otherwise in the admin guide.

Thanks!

Tmanok

One more question actually, in the replication docs, it mentions the config file of the guest must be copied to the other host. Is there no automated method within the pve environment to do this? Replication is valuable but only if the VM can be quickly booted on another node, the primary reason for this would be if the source node fails (poweroff).

Is this another case where an rsync task to a separate admin archive should be employed? Or perhaps to each of the nodes? Currently I use these to copy files in /etc on each of my nodes to a small repository separate from my cluster.

Thanks,

Tmanok

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!