[SOLVED] Some VMs on destination node crashes When a VM is migrated

tgkmilo

Mar 1, 2021
Valencia
Hello!

I have a trouble when migrates a VM to another node from my pve clúster. Some VMs on destination node crashes. This situation is solved with a hard reset on these VMs, but I think that maybe you can help me with a better option.

My pve cluster is composed for 6 nodes with a 7.2-11 version.

Nodes 0 and 1 have the same hardware, nodes 2 and 3 the same and nodes 5 and 6 too. I have read in another post that this failaure is common when you migrate a VM from a node to another with different hardware, but in this case, if the VM is migrated to a node with same hardare they crash too.

In other post, I have read that it can be solved modifing processor type on host, from default(kvm64) to host[host] but this option cannot work for me.

Last edited:
Hi,
please post the output of pveversion -v of the source and target node of a problematic migration. If you have AMD processors, you might be hitting the issue fixed by this commit which is fixed in kernel 5.19, but not in 5.15.

Reactions: tgkmilo
Then please try upgrading to the 5.19 kernel and see if the issue is fixed there.

Then please try upgrading to the 5.19 kernel and see if the issue is fixed there.
Okay, maybe I have to wait a little bit. Last week I have tryied to upgrade a node. When the reboot order has been sent, this node absolutely crashes. But, this failure have to be resolved in another post.

Lot of thanks for your help,

Best regards.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!